March 26, 2021
Appalachian Bible College will hold in-person, on-campus classes for the 2021-2022 academic year, and is anticipating having a normal schedule and activities. If changes are mandated by the government or health officials, the College will adapt as necessary and updates will be posted here.
Alpine Ministries will also hold a full schedule of camps and adventure activities this summer.
March 8, 2021
This year's Commencement is scheduled to be an in-person event on Saturday, May 1, 2021. Current students will be in attendance and guests will be permitted. Further protocols will be announced closer to the event to reflect Covid directives.
February 11, 2021
In continued response to financial burdens on students and their families, Appalachian Bible College is extending the Servant's Support Scholarship to the 2021-2022 academic year. This covers 65% of Room & Board for all eligible full-time residential students.
January 7, 2021
The semester will start and end at the regularly scheduled dates (see Events). However, with the increased impact of COVID through the winter and inline with recommended practices for colleges, ABC will not be having a regular spring break. Instead, we will be providing six "break days" throughout the semester without the extended time and travel opportunities of a normal spring break.
November 25, 2020
The fall semester concluded as scheduled on November 24. God answered prayer by allowing in-person classes and activities to continue all semester with only minor disruptions. The spring semester is scheduled to begin in person January 12, with the Servant's Support Scholarship still covering 65% of Room & Board for all eligible full-time residential students. Any necessary adjustments due to the changing nature of virus precautions will be communicated here.
November 10, 2020
One resident student tested positive for COVID-19 on November 9. The student is quarantined, and others who may have been exposed are being tested and either quarantined or monitored.
October 14, 2020
One student tested positive for COVID-19 on October 12 and was immediately quarantined. Fourteen individuals who had been exposed to this student in the preceding days have also been isolated. They continue to view their classes online.
September 23, 2020
ABC invites the public to attend Missions Conference virtually this year. Guests may attend in person only if explicitly granted permission. General sessions with speakers Paul Seger and Larry Clouse will be streamed at abc.edu/live at the following times (Eastern):
Monday, October 26 - 11:00 AM, 7:00 PM
Tuesday, October 27 - 11:00 AM, 7:00 PM
Wednesday, October 28 - 11:00 AM
The Beautiful Feet 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk is open to the public as normal. The event will be held outdoors on Saturday, October 24, to raise funds for Missions Conference.
August 24, 2020
In order to minimize virus exposure, ABC requests that guests follow these guidelines. Parents and former students are also considered guests.
- Guests are not to enter the residence halls. No exceptions.
- Guests are asked to limit being around students as much as possible with the exception of the student they are visiting.
- Guests should wear masks if they are not able to distance (6 feet) from students or staff whether indoors or outdoors.
- Guests may eat in the dining room and pay at the door. For lunch Mon.-Fri. they should come after 12:35 PM to allow most students to leave for class. Lunch line closes at 12:45 PM. For supper guests should enter 20 minutes after start time to give students priority for seating.
- No guests are allowed in classrooms or chapel unless given prior permission. Inquire at deanofwomen [at] abc.edu.
- Students may go off campus with guests (within 1 hour of campus.) If physical distancing in the vehicle cannot be accomplished, masks should be worn.